Table of Contents Hide
Do you live in a place where dry and hot weather is a constant? Well, whether you are bothered by the heat at your home, at your workplace, or out in a BBQ setting with your family, we’ve got the solution for you. You need something highly effective as well as compact, so it won’t take up too much space or be extremely heavy to move around. For this reason, we recommend you purchase a portable air conditioner without a hose, so keep on reading to find out our top picks for today, and hopefully, you’ll see one you like.
Best 5 Portable Air Conditioners Without a Hose
Having an effective portable air conditioner is not something to be taken lightly. If you choose right, you’ll be set for a long time of cool and fresh home. Choose wrong, however, and you’ll be wasting a lot of money on purchasing and replacing. But, no worries, this is why we’re here. We have done thorough research to offer you only the best recommendations out there. So here are the 5 best portable air conditioners without a hose.
Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler
If you’re looking for a compact yet powerful air conditioner that will keep your area cool when you need it most, then the Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler should be your next purchase. With its three fan speeds and the low noise it produces, this air conditioner will keep you satisfied while you enjoy a cold glass of lemonade out on your patio.
The main features of the Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler are:
- Portable with four locking casters
- Can cool spaces up to 950 square feet
- Three fan speeds
- 39 pounds, 24 x 16 x 38 inches
- Type of power source: corded electric
- Simple to maintain and easy to operate
- If placed on a firm floor, the vibration and noise will be minimized
- Can cool homes, workshops, patios
- Extremely lightweight
- The plastic material could improve
Hessaire MC18M Portable Evaporative Cooler
If you’re looking for something smaller, then the Hessaire MC18M Portable Evaporative Cooler is the summer best friend you’ve been looking for. Featuring two powerful fan speeds and a touch panel to make operating the model easier, this little device can cool areas up to 500 square feet such as garages, patios, bedrooms, etc.
The main features of the Hessaire MC18M Portable Evaporative Cooler are:
- Designed to cool areas up to 500 square feet
- Two fan speeds and a built-in plug
- Features a touch panel, timer function, and remote
- 16 pounds and 20 x 10 x 28 inches
- When used on the low setting it lasts approximately 8 hours
- Features a timer mode and auto on/off
- Comes with an adapter
- Most effective when used outdoors rather than indoors
Honeywell CO60PM Ventless Air Conditioner
If you live in a place where the weather is dry and hot and you need a quick and easy solution, then the Honeywell CO60PM Ventless Air Conditioner may be for you. Whether you need it at your workplace or during a family BBQ setting, this air conditioner with its honeywell honeycomb cooling pads on all sides will for sure keep you and your family cool all summer long.
The main features of the Honeywell CO60PM Ventless Air Conditioner are:
- 46.5 x 70.1 x 101.6 centimeters
- Material: copper
- Most effective when used in dry and hot climates with humidity levels below 60%
- Thick honeywell honeycomb cooling pads
- Sound level at the highest speed is approximately 65dB
- Very low power consumption
- Durable wheels and extremely lightweight model
- Ideal for BBQ areas, patios, decks, garages, backyards, warehouses, open large rooms
- It can still be a little loud even on the lowest setting
COMFYHOME Bladeless Evaporative Cooler
If you’re looking for a cool area during hot and dry summer days and you need both an air conditioner and humidifier, then the COMFYHOME Bladeless Evaporative Cooler is exactly what you should be purchasing. This elegant-looking air conditioner can add moisture to your room and cool it at the same time, but this isn’t its most impressive feature. The COMFYHOME Bladeless Evaporative Cooler also features a bladeless design, so you can rest assured that your kids, or anyone who goes near it, will be safe and cool.
The main features of the COMFYHOME Bladeless Evaporative Cooler are:
- 15.12 pounds and 34 x 14 x 11 inches
- Noise level is approximately 38 dB
- Three wind speeds and bladeless design
- Comes with a remote control
- Wattage: 80 watts
- 8-hour timer feature
- Ideal for bedrooms, offices, garages, kitchens, etc.
- Strong function and compact size
- The bladeless design of the model offers extra protection
- Easy to clean and maintain
Hessaire MC61M Evaporative Cooler
Need a portable air conditioner that is as compact as it is powerful? Look no further because the Hessaire MC61M Evaporative Cooler is calling out your name. This popular Hessaire model is a fan favorite, being extremely lightweight and easy to operate. It features a floating adapter, so you don’t need to manually check and fill the water tank.
The main features of the Hessaire MC61M Evaporative Cooler are:
- 56 pounds and 28 x 17 x 46 inches
- Material: Polypropylene
- Sound level approximately: 63 dB
- Can cool spaces up to 1,600 square feet
- Power source: corded electric
- Ideal for use in patios, homes, or workshop spaces up to 1,600 square feet
- Simple to maintain and easy to operate
- Three high-density cooling pads
- Fan noise could improve
What to Look For When Buying a Portable Air Conditioner Without Hose
When looking for a portable air conditioner without a hose, you have to look into some key features that will enable you to pick the right one, and therefore meet your needs perfectly. Three of the most important features to look into are:
The airflow of your conditioner is the amount of air that goes in and out of your conditioner device. In other words, airflow is the main feature that makes a conditioner good and worth the money. The more air the device can take, the more the output and therefore the faster your room will be heated or cooled. Now you have the idea why the airflow is a vital part of the conditioner. So when purchasing a portable air conditioner, make sure to check how many fan speeds it has. The more fan speeds, the higher the airflow.
Low noise level
Noise level on an air conditioner can be very challenging if too loud. No device can work without any noise at all, but there are still conditioners that can work with minimum noise and be very effective. Noise is measured in dB (Decibels); to give you a point of reference, a normal conversation is around 60 dB. There are conditioners that can get as quiet as 30 dB, which is close to a soft whisper.
It is important to bear in mind that with a low noise level, your conditioner can’t work at full capacity since this setting is mostly used when sleeping. However, some of our recommendations for you still do the job pretty effectively, even if at the lowest setting.
Most portable air conditioners when used to cool air work with a water tank. You can fill the tank with ice cubes to give it an extra cool kick, but almost every professional in the field advises not to do that since the difference will not be that much and there is a possibility that ice cubes get stuck on the vent tube and block the proper function of the conditioner. Since most of the conditioners do a pretty good job cooling the water themselves, you should be just fine with that.
Now, the size of the ice or water tank is relevant since it determines the device’s capacity to cool a space. Smaller ice tanks work best for smaller rooms and spaces, whereas bigger tanks can provide cooling for bigger spaces and do not require changing the water that often.
Portable and without a hose, what else could you ask for in an air conditioner? The advantages of being able to move this appliance at your convenience and not needing to have it next to a window are great. Whether you’re working or sleeping, maintaining your surroundings cool is crucial for a productive life since heat can cause exhaustion. So wait no longer, and purchase one of these top-of-the-line portable air conditioners and be set for a very long time.